Western University Dental School offers high-quality, innovative dental education, which makes it become one of the best dental schools in California. The average Overall GPA is 3.24, average AA DAT is 20. The recent acceptance rate of the DMD program at Western University of Health Sciences Dental School is 2.5%. And the first year tuition and fees for the DMD program are $85,657.
Western University Dental School is dedicated to building a high-quality, innovative program that will prepare you for success in private practice, community service, research, or academics.
Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
Quick Review of (Doctor of Dental Medicine, DMD)
- Dental School Location: Pomona, CA
- Address: 309 E. Second St. Pomona, CA 91766-1854
- Phone: (909) 623-6116
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: link
Western University Dental School Tuition, Admissions Statistics, and Requirements
Western University of Health Sciences Dental School is one of the best dental schools in California. Admission to the Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine is highly competitive.
However, according to the average GPA and DAT scores, it seems that it’s easy to get into Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine.
Doctor of Dental Medicine Acceptance rate and Admissions statistics
Avg Overall GPA3.24
Avg Science GPA3.09
Avg AA DAT Score20
Letters of Rec.3
- AADSAS Application Deadline: October 15
- Letters of Recommendation: Three Letters of Recommendation
- Average Overall GPA: 3.24
- Average Science GPA: 3.09
- Average AA DAT: 20
- Average PA DAT: 19
- Average TS DAT: 18
AADSAS Application and Deadline
Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine participates in the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). To apply for the Doctor of Dental Medicine Program, applicants must submit applications through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) website.
Applications for the 2022 entering class of the Doctor of Dental Medicine Program will be available May 11. The application deadline is December 1.
Western University of Health Sciences Dental School acceptance rate
According to the admission statistics of the Doctor of Dental Medicine Program at Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine, we calculated that the recent acceptance rate of the DMD Program is 2.5%.
|(Acceptance rate of DMD)||2020|
|Number of Interviews||274|
Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine DAT scores
To apply for the Doctor of Dental Medicine program, applicants must take DAT. And the DAT scores are valid for three years (based on the start of the application cycle). For example, for the 2021 entering class, test dates prior to May 11, 2017 are NOT acceptable.
The DAT must be taken by December 1 of the application year.
Note that Canadian DAT scores are not accepted.
|Average DAT scores of applicants||Class of 2020|
|Average AA DAT||20|
|Average PA DAT||19|
|Average TS DAT||18|
Compare it with the average DAT scores of the below dental schools:
Western University of Health Sciences Dental School tuition and scholarship
How much does it cost to attend the Doctor of Dental Medicine program at WesternU?
Western University of Health Sciences Dental School tuition is not different for the resident and non-resident.
Tuition and fees for the Doctor of Dental Medicine program at Western University are $85,657 for the first-year students. And the total budget is estimated at $117,611.
|Tuition and cost for Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)|
|Tuition & Fees||$85,657|
|Budget Items/Estimated Costs||$28,592|
Western University of Health Sciences offers support for students to apply for financial aid to help students to complete their studies successfully.
Scholarships for Dental Students
Dental students with excellent grades have many chances to apply for scholarships. The scholarships available for dental students include:
- National Hispanic Health Foundation
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program
- WesternU Institutional Scholarship Application
- Western Interstate Commision for Higher Education (WICHE)
- Progress IQ Scholarship
- ADEA/Crest Oral-B Laboratories Scholarships
- ADEA/Sigma Phi Alpha Linda DeVore Scholarship
- The Miller-Lawrence Medical & Dental Society
- Army Health Professional Scholarship Program
- Ujima Scholarship Fund
- National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) Scholarship
- Jewish Vocational Scholarship Fund
- Inter-Community Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship
- ACLS Scholarship for Healthcare Providers
Admissions Requirements for Doctor of Dental Medicine program at Western University
For all applicants who want to apply for the DDS Program at CU SODM must meet the below admission requirements.
|Three Letters of Recommendation (Two from college-level science professors, the third can be from another college professor or a dentist)||Required|
|Minimum 30 hours of dental-related work experience||Required|
|Proof of Legal US Residency||Required|
|TOEFL (for all applicants submitting coursework from foreign schools, TOEFL scores are valid for two years)||Required|
|Courses||Semester Hours or Quarter Hours|
|General Biology with Lab||8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours|
|Organic Chemistry with Lab||8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours|
|General or Inorganic Chemistry with Lab||8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours|
|General Physics with Lab||8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours|
|College English/English Composition||6 semester hours or 9 quarter hours|
Highly recommended courses
- Cell Biology
- Psychology & Conversational Spanish
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Calculus 1
Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine offers a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) program and an International Dentist Program.
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine – International (DMD-IDP)
Dental Schools in California
- Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
- Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
- University of California at San Francisco School of Dentistry
- Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of the University of Southern California
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Dentistry
- University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry